AT A GLANCE
Employment OpportunitiesIn Law Enforcement
Advertise by way of OACPBROADCASTS/WEB POSTINGS/FACEBOOK, TWITTER
Shop OACP Apparel
NEWS & ARCHIVED INFORMATION
Mentor Project For New Chiefs or to become a Mentor
Model PoliciesLaw Enforcement Resource Tool
Ohio Police Chief MagazineElectronic
ELECTRONIC MEMBER MAILBi-monthly Member Information
* * * * * * * * *
VISIT OUR AFFILIATIONS
RESOURCES • EDUCATION • INNOVATION
Cultivating Professionalism Among Police Executives
To Assure Continued Success Of Ohio's Law Enforcement Community.
In the Line of Duty
Mission/Response/Donate to the Cause
Our Mission and Response to Line of Duty Deaths:
- Collect funds from members of the OACP to be forwarded annually to Ohio Concerns for Police Survivors (COPS) in honor of Ohio’s fallen officers.
- Provide website resource contact names for our members.
- Representatives of the OACP Executive Committee shall attend the funeral of the fallen officer.
- On behalf of the Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police and in coordination with the agency’s chief of police, present the family with a Bible, a wooden memorial box with the OACP logo or a wooden flag case with the OACP logo.
- Honor Ohio’s fallen officers at each OACP Annual Conference by reading the names of fallen officers from the preceding year.
- Provide education regarding line of duty deaths for Ohio’s chiefs from time to time.
If your agency has experienced a line of duty death, we request that you contact the OACP or your district representative right away.
Donate to the Cause:
The OACP’s goal is to recognize the ultimate sacrifice of any Ohio law enforcement officer and the
Families of the officers by making contact with the CEO of the law enforcement agency.
The intention of the OACP would be to offer the agency CEO any assistance in protocols related to
the funeral Procession and assistance to the Family deemed appropriate by the agency Chief or Sheriff.
In addition, the OACP would like to coordinate the presentation of an item of remembrance to the members of the fallen officer’s family as being one of the following: 1) Bible (Catholic or Protestant)
or other religious appropriate book presented in an Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police wooden box; 2) Wooden memory box with OACP logo; or 3) Wooden flag case with OACP logo.
If you can make a donation of $5.00 or more, please send to:
Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police
c/o Donation to the COPS Organization
6277 Riverside Drive, #2N
Dublin, OH 43017‐5067
The OACP will collect all donations between now and the end of the year and make a combined contribution to the COPS organization on behalf of the police chiefs of the Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police.